Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
EBSCO Information Services | 10 Estes Street | Ipswich, MA USA | 800-653-2726 | 978-356-6500 | www.ebsco.com
The EBSCO Mobile app provides library users with an easy way to download and read titles from their library's EBSCO eBook collections. In addition, the app enables you to download eBooks and read them in the app without needing an Adobe ID or the Adobe Digital Editions app. This functionality is now supported in the app on Apple Devices. Support for eBook downloads is coming to the Android version of the app soon.
Downloaded EBSCO eBooks can be read in the app while offline if you have not logged out of the app. Simply access the downloaded eBook from your Liked items or the Recently Viewed list on the Home screen of the app.
Note: You must be signed into the App with your personal user account in order to download eBooks. If you are signed in with institutional credentials, you will be prompted to sign in with your account, unless the eBook is available without DRM restrictions.
See the EBSCO Mobile App Quick Start Guide on EBSCO Connect to learn about creating a Personal Account in the app.
Downloading eBooks on the EBSCO Mobile App
To download eBooks on the EBSCO Mobile App:
- Tap the magnifying glass in the menu at the bottom of the screen and then enter your search terms in the Search Box.
- Tap Search on your device's keyboard to run the search.
- Tap an eBook result to see the details or download the title to the app.
Note: You can tap the Like button to add it to your Liked Items.
- Tap the Download e-book button to begin the download process. The details page tells you have many copies your institution has available for reading.
Note: If you are not signed into the app with a personal account, you are prompted to log in with your personal account or create one within the app when you tap the Download button. Once signed in with your account, you are able to download the eBook.
- Use the plus/minus buttons to select a checkout length and tap the Download e-book button.
The eBook is downloaded and opened in the app.
- If you have reached the simultaneous eBooks checkout limit set by your institution, you will be alerted by a message in the app instead of seeing the Download button.
- If the title you have selected is not made available for download by your institution, you will be alerted by a message that recommends liking the title in the app and reading it while online in your device's browser.
Click here to learn more about reading e-books you've downloaded to the EBSCO Mobile App, highlighting text and adding it to your bookmarks.